Electrochemical Single-core Microelectrodes
Thomas RECORDING electrochemical disc microelectrodes were originally designed for SECM (Scanning ElectroChemical Microscopy), but they are also suitable as working electrodes for other electrochemical applications like voltammetry or amperometry.
The electrodes are based on unique single metal core fibers of platinum or platinum/tungsten alloy, insulated with quartz glass.
- Material: quartz glass insulated platinum or platinum/tungsten
- Unique manufacturing technique offers high reproducibility of tip geometry
- Tip geometry: highly centered metal core
- Signal quality: very good signal to noise ratio
- Quartz glass offers better electrical characteristics as borosolicate glass
- Tip shape: different tip shapes avaible with tip diameters in the µm range